Well, I finally got around to putting it on and took her out for a ride.
I’m used to riding around on an out-of-true wheel with broken spokes, driven by a rusty set of worn-out set of cogs.
Now, I have all that shit replaced, and I put on a shiny new freshly waxed chain.
Makes all the difference in the world.
Check it out:
My old wheel
See the busted spoke wrapped around the non-busted one?
My new wheel
I was out for a quick 10 miler tonight, mainly to see how she shifted. (I upgraded from a 7-speed freewheel to an 8-speed cassette.) She shifted beautifully.
Tonight was also the trial run of my new headlight.
PlanetBike Insight 15w
I like it….sort of.
- It has 3 different settings. 9, 12, or 15W
- It has a cool little button to change the setting, so you can diddle around with the button when you get bored.
- The battery is about 3 times bigger and heavier than my old 10w model
- The cord isn’t long enough so that I can actually put the battery in the water bottle cage and have the light on the handlebar!
- The chargers don’t seem to be interchangeable between the new and old models (the lamps are, though)
- The cool little button takes up room on my handlebar, so I can’t stop clicking it
Overall, I like it. I give it 3 Jihadis out of 5.