Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
There is going to be a tweed ride in less than a month. You should come.
Official Announcement Plagiarized Below:
Harrisburg, PA Tweed Ride Sunday Nov 2, 2014
Don’t think this is a sweaty bike ride – but a fashion show on wheels. The fancier and frillier the better. Of course, the bikes may be decorated also – but any ole’ bike will do. •Awards for the best dressed man, the laciest woman, fanciest millinery, and coolest bike
- Kids must wear helmets, and all traffic laws are to be obeyed – this is just a public ride that looks like a fashion parade with wheels
- Bring cameras, because we will make numerous stops for photo ops at various Harrisburg sites
- Meet at the Obelisk on Division Street, at 11 am Sunday, Nov 2, for pictures at Italian Lake.
- At 11:30 am we start cruising down Historic Green Street
- Photo Op at Stash’s (one of our sponsors) on Green and North Streets
- Circle the Capitol Complex with picture taking at the fountain.
- Then ride RiverFront to McClay Street for an ending ceremony at Little Amp’s Coffee Roasters, 1836 Green Street
For ride information: call Ross at Recycle Bicycle (717-571-2008).