Tex infected me with this silly blog nonsense. It’s contagious, evidently.
First, the background.
- Post the rules of the game at the beginning
- Each player answers the questions about themselves
- At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names
- Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer
- Create an arbitrary rule to keep with the whole fives theme.
What were you doing 5 years ago?
- 5 years ago, I was smoking 2 packs a day, eating meat, and not riding a bicycle. I associated primarily with crass bar-people. I considered myself a libertarian, and earned my keep by working for evil corporate overlords.
- Nowadays I don’t smoke, don’t eat meat, ride a bike sometimes, and associate with crass bike people. I consider myself politically confused, and earn my keep working for generally non-evil, non-corporate overlords
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
- Finish this blog entry
- suggest a Guy Fawkes ride on the HBG Critical Mass blog
- Figure out how to get to Jazz Under the Stars in Lancaster
- Ride my bike
- Read Siddhartha
What are five snacks you enjoy?
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
- Two chicks at the same time.
- Buy a shit load of farmland and start my own religious cult. Kind of like the Amish, but replace the Christianity with a Secular Soto Zen Buddhism and get rid of all the farm animals — It’ll be all veganic farming and bicycles instead of horses and buggies.
- Go to space
- Donate a little bit to some worthy charities.
- Sponsor a mission to build 1/6 scale models of Stonehenge and the Pyramids of Giza on the surface of the moon. When space aliens come to Earth in a million years, that’ll give their archaeologists something to talk about.
What are five of your bad habits?
- Running this blog
- Eating too much
- Using enormous amounts of profanity in polite company
- Spending too much time in the internet
- fantasizing about doing cool things someday, when I could be dong them now
What are five places where you have lived?
- I lived 7 different places during the first 20 years of my life, but none was ever more than 6 miles from where I was born
- 10 years ago, I moved about 70 miles downstream to the Harrisburg area. I moved 5 times since then, but was always within bicycling distance of work.
- I’ve averaged 2.5 years per residence
- I’ve never, in my whole life, lived more than 6 miles from the Susquehanna River, and I think that if I ever move away from it, I will lose all of my supernatural powers, and turn into an asshole.
What are five jobs you’ve had?
- Paperboy – Milton Standard Journal – Got my first drop-bar ten speed to deliver newspapers
- Bus Boy – Good Wils Restaurant – Cleaning up after miserable Bucknell Students
- Burger Flipper – Wendy’s – cooking burgers for miserable Bucknell Students
- Macintosh ‘Computer’ Salesman – Bucknell University Bookstore (at this point I was a miserable Bucknell Student myself)
- Network Administrator – various evil corporate masters