Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
There is going to be a tweed ride in less than a month. You should come.
Official Announcement Plagiarized Below:
Harrisburg, PA Tweed Ride Sunday Nov 2, 2014
Don’t think this is a sweaty bike ride – but a fashion show on wheels. The fancier and frillier the better. Of course, the bikes may be decorated also – but any ole’ bike will do. •Awards for the best dressed man, the laciest woman, fanciest millinery, and coolest bike
- Kids must wear helmets, and all traffic laws are to be obeyed – this is just a public ride that looks like a fashion parade with wheels
- Bring cameras, because we will make numerous stops for photo ops at various Harrisburg sites
- Meet at the Obelisk on Division Street, at 11 am Sunday, Nov 2, for pictures at Italian Lake.
- At 11:30 am we start cruising down Historic Green Street
- Photo Op at Stash’s (one of our sponsors) on Green and North Streets
- Circle the Capitol Complex with picture taking at the fountain.
- Then ride RiverFront to McClay Street for an ending ceremony at Little Amp’s Coffee Roasters, 1836 Green Street
For ride information: call Ross at Recycle Bicycle (717-571-2008).
I recently received a Garmin Virb “action camera” as a present from my lady friend. Yesterday, I recorded (most of) my commute to and from work. If you have some time to kill, you may want to watch this enthralling footage.
Here is the monring ride:
And here is the afternoon ride:
Sloth and I were both looking for a ride of about 25 miles this Saturday, but neither of us wanted to drive somewhere to ride bikes. So, the plan was hatched that I would ride solo to the coffee shop, and Sloth would meet me there, then we would ride to my house, and Sloth would ride solo back to his place. Everybody gets 25 miles, nobody had to drive.
So, I rode down to the coffee shop. I drank some coffee. When Sloth showed up, he had forgotten his GPS or something, so we had to ride back to his place.
Once we got there, he had some sort of French whisky for me to try. Under normal circumstances, I don’t drink intoxicating liquors before noon, but this was just a taste, and it would have been poor manners to decline so generous an offer. So, I had a taste, and it was a very nice whisky indeed.
Now that we were fully caffeinated and had a wee nip, it was time to go ride bikes. We made it almost 11 whole miles before we decided it was time for lunch. So, we stopped off and had some beers and some cheeseburgers.
This worked out pretty well for me, because the restaurant was only a mile from my house. Sloth had to ride back over the mountain with a gut full of bacon cheeseburger.
People will tell you that riding bicycles is a good way to loose weight and be healthy. I do not see how this can be true.
Max elevation: 160 m
Min elevation: 48 m
Total climbing: 564 m
Total descent: -575 m
Total Time: 04:13:42
 It may have been more than just a taste.
 A double